Chicago Callback Central

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2013 9:25 am  #1

Mary Poppins Callbacks?

Anyone hear anything yet for the kids?

6/27/2013 1:48 pm  #2

Re: Mary Poppins Callbacks?

We have not heard anything yet.

6/28/2013 11:40 am  #3

Any updates today?

6/28/2013 12:20 pm  #4

We haven't heard anything either.

6/28/2013 3:34 pm  #5

We have still not heard anything. My son keeps asking so I am sure by Monday we will know especially with the holiday weekend.

7/01/2013 3:52 pm  #6

Anything yet? Anyone?

7/01/2013 3:56 pm  #7

Nope. Nothing. I know that their pre-audition materials indicated that we would hear by Monday (today). So, we'll see if emails go out in the next hour. Otherwise, it looks like this wasn't a match for us this time around. 

7/01/2013 4:13 pm  #8

Nothing here either.  

I will say that we recently received a callback (for a totally different thing) at 6:15 pm on the given deadline - so it could go past 5 pm.  If I hear anything, I will post. Please do the same.  I wish places would post on their website that "callbacks have been issued" so we can all know when to stop thinking about it!

Good luck!

7/01/2013 4:18 pm  #9

Nothing here, and my daughter was asked to sing 3 songs at initial auditions.  I thought she might be too old for Jane.  Does anyone know anything about the TYA project they were also auditioning for, and what that timeframe might be?

7/01/2013 4:24 pm  #10

When I inquired about TYA, I was told that they are "thinking" about possibly using kids this year (they typically use adults).  Since they were going to be seeng a large number of kids, they wanted to create a database of sorts and have info from those in it re: their ability to participate in a TYA.  I was told they had not decided whether they would in fact use kids (as they had not yet selected the performance pieces).  I was also told the time frame wuold be about 3 months in late winter/early spring (I think) for the actual performances.

7/01/2013 5:53 pm  #11

Hello. It's nice everyone at least responds here. But it appears nothin yet.  So curious how many actually auditioned.

7/01/2013 6:35 pm  #12

I'm assuming, at this point, it's a no for us.  

As for audition numbers - curious too.  When we were there, saw 4 kids (3 boys, 1 girl) over 1 hour's time (we arrived early).  They also accepted video submissions and I think they have a preexisting list of kids on file too.  Who knows??  Would be interesting to find out though!

7/01/2013 7:05 pm  #13

We only saw two girls in the time span of 30  mon

7/01/2013 7:13 pm  #14

We still haven't heard anything either.  I'm guessing that callbacks have gone out, though based on the initial communication.  It would be nice to know for sure!

7/01/2013 7:56 pm  #15

Also assuming "no" at this point. But, to chime in on the other question, we were there late in the day on the second day and saw 6 other girls and 1 boy (plus my daughter). 

7/02/2013 2:17 pm  #16

its surprising to me that out of all these connected parents here that not one got a callback. makes you wonder what the status really is

12/14/2023 12:30 am  #17

Thanks for this Updated post

Board footera