Chicago Callback Central

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2014 10:44 pm  #1

Porchlight Generals

It might be a touch soon, because there's still a whole day of auditions left... But I heard that some Sweeney callbacks were out, so post if you know things! Thanks!

5/17/2014 8:06 am  #2

Re: Porchlight Generals

I got a Sweeny callback for Monday, but they do still have another day of generals so i'm not exactly sure what their plan is...

5/27/2014 11:18 am  #3

So apparently there are more Sweeney callbacks today, since Doug will be out of town more this week? He wasn't at yesterday's auditions, and I dunno how this works when there were a bajillion folk who auditioned yesterday! But yeah: There are Sweeney callbacks today.

5/27/2014 11:42 am  #4

They were apparently making calls WHILE other people were auditioning. I know someone who got a call a couple hours after he left the audition yesterday, and I know people who were there auditioning while someone was there making calls. Awkward! 

5/27/2014 12:23 pm  #5

Are they calling back for ensemble? Or ya think they'll offer ensemble to those called back for roles?

5/27/2014 1:05 pm  #6

I would assume they're going to offer ensemble from role callbacks--especially since they already had a full day of callbacks and will have a bunch today. I'm sure that after Sweeney and Lovett they want to use the most non-eqs for the rest of the cast as possible. Which is why they probably (or at seemingly) don't need the EPA for the show quite yet in the casting process.

5/27/2014 1:30 pm  #7

yeah, the person I know was called back for a named role.

5/27/2014 3:48 pm  #8

Almost all the callbacks that went out for SWEENEY in the past few days have been for ensemble and understudy roles. Most leads have been cast to my understanding.

5/27/2014 9:06 pm  #9

Sooooooooo we're saying that before official auditions were over, one of which was one of the 2 original audition dates, stuff was cast. Sheesh. This season all over Chi is killin' me.

5/28/2014 2:32 pm  #10

What's the usual process for the Porchlight Revisits shows?

5/28/2014 3:41 pm  #11

A lot of the time there are more call-ins/callbacks/auditions closer to the shows. But hey who knows this time around!! ;)

5/29/2014 2:49 pm  #12

itsame wrote:

They were apparently making calls WHILE other people were auditioning. I know someone who got a call a couple hours after he left the audition yesterday, and I know people who were there auditioning while someone was there making calls. Awkward! 

Uhhhh yeah......they were doing that during my audition as well and it was completely distracting and really pretty unprofessional.  

5/29/2014 4:44 pm  #13

Can we just say it? This season has been real weird!

6/17/2014 6:05 pm  #14

Callbacks for Sondheim on Sondheim have started going out.

9/23/2014 10:08 am  #15

Hey friends, anyone hear if "Bells are Ringing" or "City of Angels" callbacks/casting has been completed?

9/26/2014 5:09 pm  #16

Some offers have gone out for Bells Are Ringing without callbacks, so I think they might be trying to cast some of the Porchlight Revisits shows with people they've worked with before.

Board footera