Chicago Callback Central

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2013 10:54 pm  #1

Agent Question

Hi all-

I realize this is not related to a callback but I figured people on here would possibly have some general opinions. I'm looking into some agencies and wondered if anyone has any opinions on the Shirley Hamilton agency? Good? Bad? Eh? I'd love some thoughts!! Thank you!

4/10/2013 5:11 pm  #2

Re: Agent Question

I haven't had any personal interactions with the agency, but I have a few friends that are represented by her and they have had nothing but good things to say!

4/12/2013 1:27 pm  #3

They are great for commercials. They are not as well-versed in the theatre world, but if you want to do film, tv, or commercials, they are good. They have a good relationship with O'Connor casting, which is important. 

4/15/2013 3:29 pm  #4

Awesome, thank you so much for the very helpful information!!

7/15/2014 8:01 am  #5

Wanted to ask a similar question about Lily's Talent. Anyone have experience with them? Good or bad?

7/15/2014 1:18 pm  #6

I can't speak for everyone, and I'm sure some people have great experience with Lily's, but I've had a some less-than-optimal experiences with Lily's. Including but not limited to being submitted for auditions/jobs with a name that both isn't my name and isn't anywhere on my headshot, resume, or online profiles. This is for theatre/film, I can't speak for the print division, but there's only one person in charge of theatre/film, and in my experience she is the primary cause of my troubles with Lily's.

7/15/2014 1:22 pm  #7

I have also heard some not so great things about Lilys from three different people represented by them.

7/18/2014 7:47 am  #8

Try gray talent they give you of the best auditions! I recently auditioned for a broadway show through them

7/21/2014 3:27 pm  #9

Family member had a lot of difficulty with Lily's.  Agent would become angry if family member couldn't skip work for auditions despite virtually always going to their auditions. Also got tired of being sent on auditions that clearly weren't appropriate (type, skillset required--and didn't have) and finally left them. They're not big on theatre auditions--more commercial and print jobs. Their facebook page seems to primarily tout work they've gotten for young children--perhaps that's their strength.

8/01/2014 9:23 pm  #10

Thanks for the info on Lily's. How about DeSanti? 

Board footera